Career Opportunities – Join the Indeck Team
Primary responsibilities are the start-up, troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance of industrial water tube and fire tube boilers. This position reports to the Service Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Start-up, troubleshoot, repair and maintain a wide range of industrial boilers.
- Provide emergency field service for boilers.
- Perform mechanical, electrical and combustion troubleshooting and repair of industrial boilers in the field.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals to perform required start-up, maintenance and repairs.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments in the field.
- Operate and maintain various field instruments to perform job functions.
- Ensure high level of customer satisfaction while in the field. Keep customer informed on the nature of the service provided and of outstanding issues. Recommend repairs to the customer as necessary.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those or any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Manage assigned work proficiently to meet schedules and customer expectations.
- Interface with service manager, project manager or subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner.
- Provide training and assist customer to develop operating procedures for boilers.
- Compile job documentation such as service reports, certificates of completion, customer training forms and punch lists.
- Combustion and mechanical proficiency to troubleshoot problems.
- Familiarity with or ability to learn industrial PLC control systems.
- Detailed oriented.
- Good math, writing and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Significant travel in North America is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Technical training: must have industrial boiler or electrical/mechanical experience.
- 2+ years of related experience in the service or maintenance of industrial machinery with PLC control systems.
- Ideal candidate will have Fireye E-100 or Honeywell 7800 experience plus Allen Bradley logic experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Capability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Capacity to properly handle confidential information and records.
- Aptitude to analyze information in order to identify potential problems or discrepancies.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to handle adverse situations in a professional manner.
- General Safety.
- Sexual Harassment.
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 75 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Steel Toe Shoes.
- Safety Glasses.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Indeck is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace employer.